VIA Logo

Renters  Insurance Information


What is Renters Insurance?

If you live in an apartment or you rent a home, the owner of the home or apartment does not offer coverage for your belongings if they are damaged or stolen. This is where a standard renters policy would be beneficial.

 A renters policy (also called a HO-4) gives you coverage for your contents should you have a loss from things such as fire, lightning, vandalism, theft and hurricane. This policy also provides liability coverage for you as the renter should any injury happen to someone who is not a member of the household. Like a homeowners policy, you would also have coverage if you are forced out of the home or apartment for additional living expenses, such as the reasonable cost of temporary living arrangements, hotel bills, restaurant bills and other living expenses that you may incur due to any covered loss.

 How much coverage do you need?

 A good way to try to determine how much coverage you will need to insure your contents for would be to add up the cost of everything that you would want to replace if it were damaged or stolen. It is a good idea to keep the inventory list for assistance if there is ever a claim, somewhere away from the home. The inventory list should be as complete as possible, including model/serial numbers, dates and places of purchase and value of items. Photos or video tape are also recommended.


Call our office at 727-734-1954 for a free no obligation quote, or just click the link above and we will contact you with the quote.